Bournonville

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 November 2001 - 06:48 PM

Well, I respect the rules and I create a new topic to post my request!
I'm looking for some Bournonville's ballet who were broadcasted on Danish TV such as Abdallah, La Ventana, Far from Denmark, and so on... I don't know if these ballets were broadcasted on TV, but I guess that Danish TV has brodcasted many Bournonville's productions with the Royal Danish Ballet.
Thank you for your answer!

#2 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 21 November 2001 - 08:43 PM

Jean-Luc, if you find them, even off this board, let Alexandra and me know immediately! wink.gif

#3 Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 06:34 AM

Mel, thank you for your reply.

Could it be possible to send me an email, because I don't know how to write to you directly.
My email is : jean-luc99@ifrance.com

Thank you!

#4 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 09:28 AM

Done, but you can tell everybody right here! I'm sure we'd all be fascinated to find the good stuff! smile.gif

#5 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 22 November 2001 - 11:15 AM

Jean-Luc, there are. I have several from the 1970s, but they're about seventh generation copies in very bad condition and they won't stand another copy.

There are, I believe, three broadcasts a year from the Royal Danish Ballet. You'll have to find a Danish source for those, I think.

#6 Jean-Luc

Jean-Luc

• PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 03:44 AM

Alexandra,

Thank you for your informations. I'm agree about 1970's recordings, they won't support an other copy. I'm always wondering if a complete Abdallah has been broadcasted during the Bournonville's festival in 1992... And I will try to find a "Danish source". Quite difficult!

#7 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 23 November 2001 - 01:04 PM

Jean-Luc, I don't think there is a complete Abdallah (I may be wrong). I've only seen the third act. There were two videos made of "the Queen's" Folk Tale from 1992, but I don't think any of the others -- except La Sylphide, which has been videoed often, as the Queen often requests it for state galas.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):