This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Paquita

Guest Dancearts@aol.com

Hi! I am looking for a video of any solos (not pas)from Paquita for use as a teaching aide. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Lisa

if i understand your question, you are looking for videos of performances of the suite of solos presented as part of the 'grand pas classique' from 'paquita.' there are two such performances commerically available at the present, if mem. serves:

one production, staged by oleg vinogradov and his artistic staff for the kirov ballet is on "the maryinsky ballet" a mixed program of ballets filmed in 1991. the other is a somewhat shorter version, staged by natalia makarova for american ballet theater and filmed in 1984 and marketed on a cassette called "american ballet theatre at the met." the kirov version has at least 6 different solos plus the additional ones, one for each of the two women included in the 'pas de trois' that is not always part of the 'paquita' divertissement. the a.b.t. tape includes four female solo variations plus that for the ballerina.

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: rg ]

[ January 29, 2002: Message edited by: rg ]

[ February 02, 2002: Message edited by: rg ]

Guest Dancearts@aol.com

Thanks so much for your prompt and informative reply. It was very helpful and I really appreciate it!

Lisa