This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dancer's Dream - The Sleeping Beauty

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Herman Stevens

Herman Stevens

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 13 April 2005 - 03:14 AM

I have the POB version and just love the dancer who performs the Lilac Fairy variation in the prologue.  Can someone give me her name? Thanks.  :)

I think she's fabulous, too. Her name is Marie-Agnès Gillot, and she's got her own website.

Didya notice she returns as Silver in the Precious Stones pas de cinq, which is one of the best segments in the entire production? (It's track 25 on the DVD.) Here Nureyev created some really neat stuff for Mr Gold.

#17 Herman Stevens

Herman Stevens

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 12:51 AM

And Marie-Agnès Gillot, whom we were talking about, was awarded a Benois de la Danse this week.

#18 Amy'sMom

Amy'sMom

• PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 28 April 2005 - 10:43 AM

Herman,
Thank you for providing Ms Gillot's name to us. She is indeed lovely, and now that we know her name, we can look for her in other ballets. :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):