This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

"Bringing Balanchine Back"?

I heard (from someone who works with NYCB) that a documentary film was made of their recent tour to St. Petersburg, and am wondering if it will ever be shown on tv or released on video/DVD. Does anyone know? This individual told me it's entitled "Bringing Balanchine Back".

I don't know, unfortunately, Anne, but someone else here may well have heard of this, too. I'm posting really to welcome you to the forum, and thank you for posting. If you'd like, please introduce yourself in the Welcome forum where you'll get a Proper Welcome from our official Greeter :)

The distributor is Palm Pictures (the same as the NYCB workout videos). It was filmed in High Definition and has been making the rounds of HD festivals. I also saw that it is scheduled to be shown on a culture channel in China (Pearl). I don't know if it has been picked up by a channel or sold for DVD. It's the perfect thing to be shown at the Dance Film Festival in NY, but this year's Fest has little ballet offerings. Or on Great Performances or Breakfast and the Arts, but those shows are busy showing Sting or Eric Clapton (I like both, but they don't belong on a culture show).