This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

New Bayadere/Sleeping B. of the Kirovs on film

unfortunately, it would seem that all the assertions that these productions would be filmed and released commercially have stopped.

others on this site know more about the 'word' in and out of st. petersburg, but from what i can gather the enthusiasm for these 'reconstructed' productions has waned, to put it mildly, inside the kirov/maryinsky management itself. so i am sorry to suspect that these video projects are no longer high on the lists of any powers-that-be at the maryinsky. i could be wrong and would love to hear that plans are moving along, but i would not be surprised if the days of these new/old productions are numbered on stage, never mind as costly film undertakings.

I'll second RG's words about the state of the 'new/old' classics at the Kirov-Mariinsky. In fact, the 'old-new Soviet' versions (lovely in a different way) are in the just-announced repertoire for the 5th Int'l Mariinsky Ballet Festival (late March/early April 05). That's a clue to the fact that the Soviet versions are being showcased to VIP foreign visitors/critics as THE versions of choice at the theater.