This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Markitenka, La Vivandiere, The Canteen Keeper

Hi,

For an upcoming National Society of Arts and Letters compition I've chosen to learn one of the male variations from Markitenka on the Kirov Classics video that was released in the 90's on VHS. I've had a really difficult time finding a CD to buy with the music by Pugni. Perhaps I am searching with the wrong title, I've tried both Markitenka, La Vivandiere, and The Canteen Keeper but havent found anything. Has anyone made a similar purchas? any guidance is much appreciated.

I've searched older threads and havent found mention of music.

thanks !

KIROV CLASSICS is also on dvd.

there's a 'version' of it often on ebay for a starting bid of 2.99 and a buy-it-now price of 4.99 - tho' i don't know if the cheap price means inferior quality.

if you are an ebay customer try searching 'kirov dvd' and you'll see what's up at the moment. as i say i think this is often being sold on the site.

also, the good thing about this disc is that these filmings were done w/o an audience so there should be no intrusive applause, etc.

Hey Ed,

I have this DVD, maybe there is a way to burn the music. When I was in high school I did this because I really liked the music; I put it on a cassette tape though and have misplaced it somewhere.

I hope your break is going well...

:D