This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

POB Demonstration

I've now booked a trip through Paris for the Dec 11 performance.

I note on the website that there are 2 times, 10:30 AM and 2:30 PM. Does anybody know if this means that there will be two identical performances, or???

Any other tips?

No, you won't see two identical performances.

On the morning, you should see the younger kids (6th, 5th and 4th grades) in ballet, character, mime, choir, folk and the oldest kids in contemporary. You will see the oldest kids (3th, 2, and 1th grades) on the afternoon in ballet and adagio, with a character class.

Oh my--a full day. How wonderful. Sure am glad I'm coming a day early to take care of shopping. Have you ever been & do you know if they typically sell any books/dvds/whatever? (and yes, I have an all-region dvd player).

I see them each year since I'm a little girl. You have a little shop at the Palais Garnier but they don't sell a lot of things.

You can order the Dvds and books they are selling from amazon.fr, whey they may be the cheapest. And I'm afraid that some bookstores in the city have a lot of more choice than the POB Store.

Tickets for the December demonstrations went on sale today (ie, about 5 or 6 hours ago) and the best seats for the afternoon session are already sold out.

Where's that Mon Dieu smiley when I need it??!??!

To find "mon dieu!", click the Show All link under the "Clickable Smilies" to the left of the input box. You should see a pop-up window with smilies, and it's the 12th from the bottom.

5 September was the day that a number of ballet and opera performances went on sale. I noticed the "reserve" link appeared on Tristan und Isolde at about 12:10am Pacific Time (10 hours behind CET), and it took me until almost 2am to purchase a ticket. (The system was very slow, and it timed out numerous times before I could place the order.) I assume that many people pounced on the site the moment tickets became available.

:)

Well, the site was broken down for a while but I have been able to get some tickets at 4 PM (French time) for the demonstrations.

Koshka, I think it's worth to have a look at the website several times each week (I'm doing that) and you may find the tickets you wish. It has worked for me several times, even if it's saying at one time it's sold out.