This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

don't have it, but i know that my arthistory teacher is looking for it too. you mean with the one that they dance on the ground (as in: ground from outside).

i recently got a documentary about pina bausch and there was just a little fragment of her rite of spring, but not the whole part

if you find something, could you please let me know??

~SKIP~

I don't know where to find such a tape, but the Paris Opera Ballet danced it a few years ago, and is going to dance it again next spring, so probably they have tapes. Usually it's very difficult to get POB tapes, but since you are a dancer, perhaps it would be easier for you?

bausch's own wuppertal dance theater was filmed in her 'rite of spring' in 1980. the 35 min. film, which n.y.p.l. dance collection has catalogued, was originally made for a german tv network and was subsequently shown on u.s. cable (on Arts & Entertainment [as A&E was originally called] if mem. serves) around that time. there are copies around; various people who teach have been known to show it to classes.

fyi: here are the particulars of the film:

| Choreography: Pina Bausch. Music: Igor Stravinski, performed by the Cleveland Orchestra conducted by Pierre Boulez. Scenic design: Rolf Borzik. Choreographic assistant: Hans Pop. Performed by members of Das Tanztheater Wuppertal with Malou Airaudo as the Chosen Maiden.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: rg ]