This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Pina Bausch

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Olivier

Olivier

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 02:17 AM

Does anyone have a tape of Pina Bausch's Rite of Spring ?

#2 skip

skip

• PipPip
  • 14 posts

Posted 06 October 2001 - 09:33 AM

don't have it, but i know that my arthistory teacher is looking for it too. you mean with the one that they dance on the ground (as in: ground from outside).
i recently got a documentary about pina bausch and there was just a little fragment of her rite of spring, but not the whole part
if you find something, could you please let me know??

~SKIP~

#3 Estelle

Estelle

Platinum Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,706 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 07:28 AM

I don't know where to find such a tape, but the Paris Opera Ballet danced it a few years ago, and is going to dance it again next spring, so probably they have tapes. Usually it's very difficult to get POB tapes, but since you are a dancer, perhaps it would be easier for you?

#4 rg

rg

Emeralds Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 09:00 AM

bausch's own wuppertal dance theater was filmed in her 'rite of spring' in 1980. the 35 min. film, which n.y.p.l. dance collection has catalogued, was originally made for a german tv network and was subsequently shown on u.s. cable (on Arts & Entertainment [as A&E was originally called] if mem. serves) around that time. there are copies around; various people who teach have been known to show it to classes.
fyi: here are the particulars of the film:
| Choreography: Pina Bausch. Music: Igor Stravinski, performed by the Cleveland Orchestra conducted by Pierre Boulez. Scenic design: Rolf Borzik. Choreographic assistant: Hans Pop. Performed by members of Das Tanztheater Wuppertal with Malou Airaudo as the Chosen Maiden.

[ 10-09-2001: Message edited by: rg ]

#5 julip

julip

• PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 October 2001 - 02:02 PM

Olivier, one of the professors at Cornish College has a copy of it (or else it is in the library there). I remember watching it in our dance history class.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):