This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Question on Edward Villella (from a newbie)

Lissbirds

I do remember a Serenade on video, it's quite possibly from some other recording.

Perhaps you're thinking of the recording made around 1994 in Denmark? It was shown (on PBS) along with Western Symphony and both looked very good indeed. Unfortunately the program has never been shown again and was never released on video.

Ari, was that the Serenade that had Kistler, Nichols, and Calegari? and Western had Saland and Alexopoulos (in the Rondo)? that was well worth finding again! Alexopoulos was wonderful in that--

i just wanted to add that when MCB came to Tucson, AZ, i had a chance to go down and meet some of the dancers, watched company class, and rehearsals as well as see COPPELIA, Ballo, Nine by Sinatra and s few others.

I also had a chance to meet Edward Villella, spoke to him for a bit, and had him autograph my PRODIGAL SON. He's the nicest guy and he runs a very interesting company class.

Also, in his book, i believe he speaks about performing in the Bell Telephone Hour. Is there any hope of these being released a la Nureyev and Erik Bruhn?

-goro-