This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Staatsballett Berlin

I have heard rumors for quite some time about Vladimir Malakhov becoming director of some company, but just recently learned that he has become director of the Staatsballet Berlin. Does anyone know what this company is like, or what Malakhov plans on doing with it? I've always respected him as a dancer and an artist, and am excited about what he might do with this opportunity.

At present Staatsballett Berlin is my beloved company… It is number 1 for me. Last time I saw this company in “Malakhov and Friends” 3 weeks ago . Top class dancers and a fabulously varied programme with something for every taste – from classic to modern, serious to humourous.

The pdd from the “Diamonds” section of Balanchine’s Jewels with Vladimir Malakhov and Polina Semionova was great!!!! After I saw it I was dreaming to Staatsballett Berlin take Jewels into their repertoire…

A performance of Bejart’s “Serait-ce la Mort?” danced by Vladimir Malakhov and Polina Semionova, Beatrice Knop, Shoko Nakamura and Nadja Saidakova was the best I have ever seen…. I can say the same about “Aria” danced by Malakhov.

But my favourite piece was van Cauwenbergh’s “Les Bourgeois”, fabulously danced by Dinu Tamazlacaru (French music/song of Jacques Brel). Dinu played the drunken man great, with humour. I have never seen such good danced Les Bourgeois!!!!!!!!!!1 His jumps across the stage he jumped so high I could believe my eyes. Dinu truly deserved the adulation and it was just a pity this piece is so short!!!!!!!!

By the way Dinu Tamazlacaru is always great on the scene. People love him. He always has prolonged applause, flowers being thrown to him and people cries of “Bravo!”. He always raises my smile when I see him. He has something in look... Something like Barysznikov.... Do you know what I am talking about?

and this is illustration: