This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

DTH School Reopens

Per Crains NY Business, the school is opening 12/4 and with the company to follow in Jan. DTH got $1.6 million from a variety of sources including the City of NY. They have a strategic plan and an exec. director for the company and the school.

A side note, Michael Bloomberg has always been very generous in supporting the arts with his personal money. Additionally, he has directed public funds to public arts projects more than any recent mayor.

A side note, Michael Bloomberg has always been very generous in supporting the arts with his personal money. Additionally, he has directed public funds to public arts projects more than any recent mayor.

What's a Republican running for re-election in a Democratic City to do? Am I cynical---nah! :)---but--take the money and run.

Mayor Mike gives lotsa cash, and rarely inisists his name go on top of the building or playbill. Excellent news! Bravo Bloomy!

For DTH people, the real hard work begins now. Putting together a viable and stable company will be difficult, with a lot of tough decisions.

MJ

He actually provided personal (and corporate, from the Bloomberg corporation) money for things like the Lincoln Center Festival years before he even ran for office the first time. I may not like much of his social policy, but he HAS provided enough support for the arts to at least let me dislike him on a political basis only. (Quite a change from my normal attitude to Republicans in office.)

Edited by harpergroup

As a lifelong Democrat, I want to add my thanks to Mayor Bloomberg for his support of DTH. Another Republican, Joseph Bruno, majority leader of the New York State Senate, was instrumental in what appears to be a happy continuation of the NYCB residency in Saratoga. And I remember twenty or thirty years ago when the audience at NYCB was regularly asked to write to our legislators on behalf of restoring federal funding for the arts. The only person who responded to my letters was a Republican I'd thought unsympathetic to that cause: Sen. Alphonse D'Amato. It's good to have one's preconceptions shaken up once in a while.

FF,

Al D'Amato had the best constituent service people in the world. Hillary and Chucky cannot hold a candle to him. Pity he no longer is in public service.

If your son or daughter was in jail in another country :lightbulb: , everyone (not just new yorkers) knew who to call first.

MJ

And while I have the advantage of the "bully pulpit" of an Administrator of Ballet Talk, let me put in a good word for George Washington, who urged those tasked with serving the public in office, "to forget local prejudices and policies, and of party and of faction, and to work for the improvement of the national whole." ("Hear, hear" and a stamping of feet from the assembly.)