This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Baryshnikov and Makarova "Giselle" on sale...

Guest Veronika

(Alexandra, I don't know if you'll allow this post or not. I thought I'd give it a try, though, since the video is out of print and more than a few people on this board have asked about it in the past...)

If anyone is interested, there is a copy of ABT's Giselle, with Baryshnikov and Makarova from the 1970's, on sale on eBay. The video, as I said above, is out of print, and therefore difficult to find, so I just thought I'd give everyone here a heads up about it. The link is:

http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?V...item=1437934019

~Veronika

Thanks, Veronika. I'd consider this almost a public service announcement, quite different from someone coming on and hawking videos he's made, for example.

Also, I can't change the title of the forum right now, but why not use this for DVDs and CDs? Books or souvenir programs, even. I have no objection to us using the web to network and exchange stuff. If you've ever followed a newsgroup, you'll know that people come in who aren't part of the community and never participate, but just want to put up "Come to my web site and buy my photographs," and while that's great for a newsgroup, I didn't want that here. Hope that makes sense :cool:

Thanks for the info.

Guest Veronika

Alexandra,

would it be alright if I also posted this on the "Anything Goes" or "Member Announcements" boards? I know that I don't always make it all the way down to the "Video Swapshop" board, and, as you said, a lot of people have expressed interest in finding this video..

I'd rather keep it here, please. We don't allow cross-posting for space reasons. (And people tend to reply to different threads, 2 on #1, 3 on #2, etc.)

I hope people are using the View Active Topics list, so it will pop up wherever you put it. Thanks for asking!