This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Brown/Forsythe/Lancelot

bee2

Hello, everyone!

I was wanting to go to the opening of POB's Brown/Forsythe/Lancelot program on 17 December but tickets to this particular performance are not being offered on the Opera website. I would really appreciate some advice on how to proceed. (BTW, I won't be in Paris until really close to the performance date so an online transaction would be the most convenient for me).

Many thanks in advance!

Well,

I had a look at the POB website and I'm afraid that tickets for the day you wish can't be ordered from the web anymore. But we never know, they can be offered again on the next days. You may order them by phone at 0 892 89 90 90 but to call that number is very expensive from France so I prefer not to imagine the cost from abroad and I don't know if they speak English. If you choose to call, try to have someone who speak French to make the call for you, if you don't know the langage.

Otherwise, I think you will be able to book a ticket very easily when you are in Paris even if it's the day of the performance, because there is the sleeping beauty at the same time at The Bastille theater (the POB has two locations!) and most of the people are going to see the SB.

Good luck and feel free to ask more questions :)

Thanks so much, cygneblanc! :) I will start looking for a Good Samaritan in Paris to place a phone order for me. If unsuccessful, then I will do as you suggest and try my luck at the box office as soon as I arrive.

I've only ever seen the POB on DVD so I'm quite eager to see them live. I'm particularly curious to see how such classically trained dancers will engage these very un-classical works--especially the Browns and the Forsythe.

I might also be able to catch a Sleeping Beauty or two, time and funds permitting. Which pairing would you recommend I see--Osta/Ganio, Dupont/Legris, or Gillot/Bolle? (I know casts can change from one moment to the next but just in case the Lilac Fairy is smiling down on me... :blush: )

Thanks again!

Well, I would say each pair is very good but also different:

-The first one, Claire-Marie Osta and Mathieu Ganio: I'm sure Mathieu will be a wonderful prince. I wonder about Clairemarie if the part will suit her : I'm a big a fan of her but she's a very dramatic dancer. But I will go to see her.

-Aurélie and Manuel are featured on the DVD of the sleeping beauty. I would say of that choice, if you choose to see them, is the most "secure", because they are known for their abilities in the SB piece.

-Gillot/Bolle: Marie-Agnes is a great dancer who can dance everything and I'm looking forward to see her in Aurore's part. I don't know what to say about Roberto Bolle because I have never seen him live.

So if you are going only to one performance, I would say the best choice is Dupont/Legris :blush:

I hope you will enjoy your trip in Paris :)