This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Katja Bjorner

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Cliff

• PipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 28 October 2004 - 08:58 PM

The documentary video, "The Dancer," follows the young student Katja Bjorner at the Royal Swedish Ballet school. Does she still dance? And how did her career develop?

#2 Pamela Moberg

Pamela Moberg

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 31 October 2004 - 12:41 PM

Katja Björner is indeed still dancing with the Royal Swedish Ballet. She is now a soloist.
The film "Dansaren" (in Swedish) is about ten years old and according to my daughter whom I consulted on the matter, Katja ought to be between 25-30 years of age.
I did see the film with DD, but must confess that I do not remember much.
The Royal Opera House does have a site, unfortunately only the opera section has an English version, the ballet section is only in Swedish. This surely must be considered unfair!
Most dancers have their portraits there with a list of roles.
If you need any translation, please do not hesitate to ask me!

#3 innopac

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 794 posts

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:06 AM

The documentary, Dansaren, (with English subtitles) is now on youtube.

#4 jillgardner

• Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 12:17 PM

I watched the documentary "The Dancer" on netflix and you can add english subtitles. She dances amazingly and she is one of my favorite dancers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):