This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Kirov Fall 2005 tour

Don't know how accurate this is, but found preliminary schedule at Ardani Artists posted for Fall 2005 Kirov tour, performing Sleeping Beauty (LA, Detroit, Cleveland, Chicag) and Corsaire (Berkeley), as well as a 2-week long Mariinsky Festival to take place Oct 2006 in Costa Mesa (Orange County)! This last is really ambitious - including Gergiev conducting the entire Ring cycle, some symphonic concerts, Romeo & Juliet, and Raymonda.

I'd read that Corsaire was going to DC next year, but it's not listed on the Ardani site (perhaps this is because Kennedy Center has a different contract with Kirov?)

Anyway, if this is all true, I'll be able to see everything without having to leave the state! Woo-hoo!

Check out http://www.ardani.com/clients.htm.

Start saving your pennies.

Fabulous news, millimant!

I'm particularly intrigued by the 'Raymonda' on the tour schedule. If, in fact that work is danced, then it will be the first time that the most complete & pure edition of that ballet is seen in North America! The K-M currently dances only the 1940s/50s Sergeyev-after-Petipa edition of the work (made famous by Sergeyev & Dudinskaya and, later, Irina Kolpakova)...this is a 'must-see' for any lover of the K-M!!!!!

In the mid-90s, the K-M was also dancing the 'all-dance/no-mime' Yuri Grigorovich version (currently being toured by the Bolshoi). I rejoiced when the K-M finally dumped the Grigorovich for the Petipa-Sergeyev ca 1999. [in the mid-90s, both editions of the ballet remained in the K-M's rep but, in fact, the Grigorovich was performed more often.]

On the other hand, the Petipa-Sergeyev version's sets & costumes were a bit ratty last year, when I saw this ballet...so I would think that they will be refurbished in time for the Fall 2005 US tour.