This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

2005-06 season

I saw the dance schedule for Japan, but nothing has been released by the company. It would make sense if it was on their Met schedule. Taking into account their rep. for Washington D.C., it looks as if they are going to do a Fokine evening of Les Sylphides, Le Spectre de la Rose, Polovtsian Dances and Petrouchka, as well as Giselle on some other tour dates. But these are just guesses.

it looks as if they are going to do a Fokine evening of Les Sylphides, Le Spectre de la Rose, Polovtsian Dances and Petrouchka, as well as Giselle on some other tour dates.  But these are just guesses.

Polovtsian Dances? That should be interesting

I know their website lists it for D.C., but I just can't imaging ABT doing Polovtsian Dances. Not if it's the same one I've seen on that Kirov highlights tape. It looks more like "character" dance than classical ballet. You know, the kind of thing that Russian companies do so well and everyone else looks silly attempting.

I wish they were doing it at City Center, mabe they could substitute it for the Kylian... :(

Any truth to the report that C Acosta and D Vishneva will be dancing w/ ABT at the Met next year?

Joe

"Report" or "rumor," please, let's try not to do a run around the rules of the board. If there is a printed report in a newspaper or magazine or a release by ABT or another company, then fine, but if not, then it is a rumor and we can't discuss rumors.