This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

MCB 2004-5 promotions and new arrivals

Dale

A little late, but from the company:

Miami City Ballet Dancer Promotions and New Arrivals

For the 2004-2005 Season

Miami City Ballet announces the following dancer promotions for the 2004-2005 season. Katia Carranza of Mexico and Renato Penteado of Brazil are promoted to principal dancers. Jeremy Cox of New Haven, Connecticut and Kenta Shimizu of Japan are promoted to soloists and Jeanette Delgado of Miami, Florida is promoted to the corps de ballet.

Joining the Company this season are: Mikhail Nikitine of Russia as a soloist; Frances Katzen of Sydney, Australia; Jessica Shults of Miami, Florida; and Karen Wojtowicz of Philidelphia, Pennsylvania, Tiffany Hedman of Fresno, California as members of the corps de ballet. Apprentices are: Kristin D’Addario of Laguna Beach, California; Kyra Homeres of Alameda, California; Elizabeth Keller of Houston, Texas; Cassia Phillips of New York, New York; Erica Takakjian of Pomona, New York, Zoe Zien of New York, New York; Amanda Weingarten of Palm Harbor, Florida, Mark Milner originally from Brazil, and Stephen Satterfield of Glens Falls, New York.

Miami City Ballet School apprentices are: Victoria Canelos of Tucson, Arizona; Regina Palomar of Mexico; and Eduardo Permuy originally from Cuba.

Miami City Ballet performs in the Tri-County South Florida area: in Broward at the Broward Center For Performing Arts, in Miami-Dade at the Jackie Gleason Theater, and in Palm Beach at the Kravis Center For The Performing Arts. MCB is also presented as the resident ballet company at the Naples Philharmonic Center in Naples, Florida. The Company also tours extensively both nationally and internationally.

Two names stick out for me -- Frances Katzen, who was a soloist for Suzanne Farrell Ballet, and Zoe Zien, who I think was at SAB from the time she was little: I remember her name from The Nutcracker programs. She has a sister, whose name is Hayley, IIRC, but I don't remember which sister danced "Little Red Riding Hood" in Martins' production of The Sleeping Beauty, or if they shared the role.