This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

DTH disbands "temporarily"

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 MJ

MJ

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 27 October 2004 - 08:29 AM

Eland,
I hate to disagree, but DTH needs an executive director who can balance the books and keep the company going financially. Mr. Mitchell is a great AD, I'm sure it is near impossible to run everything (artistic, logistic, and financial).
An AD needs to allow the board and executive management to run their side of the company. Likewise the CEO/board needs to allow the AD to make all artistic decisions.

Fundraisers and sponsorships will be key to DTHs revival, CEOs and wealthy grahnde dahmes like to sip champagne and brag about how they "saved DTH."
Let them brag, as long as their checks don't bounce.
Alas, the dahmes will rarely venture north of 96th street, so DTH needs to perfrom/fundraise as often as possible in midtown or downtown. So sad but true.

How do you do fundraisers without comapny dancers? Will they return?

-Mike

#17 MJ

MJ

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 01 November 2004 - 06:09 AM

I just read the DTH school closed last week. Studios lost their insurance. All hope may be lost.

So very sad.

Mike

#18 eland

eland

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 11 November 2004 - 03:05 PM

This is to Mike,
I don't think I said anything about DTH having a fundraiser...
I believe I had asked about where the dancers were going to go and then I commented on how a company like DTH needed a good general director who could not only pull the company out of its current hole, but who was also familiar with the artistic side of things and whom Arthur Mitchell felt he could trust.
From what I am reading, it all boils down to him and he doesn't seem to want to let just anyone make decisions.
There has to be someone with the know how to run a company like that and keep mitchells dream flourishing...
Of course you can't have a fundraiser without dancers ...unless they believe enough in the cause to just volunteer....But I don't remember that being part of my earlier question..Maybe it was somewhere else...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):