This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Massine at Bolshoi

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 07:24 AM

An items in the news clips section mentioned that the Bolshoi would be doing a Massine triple bill in their upcoming season -- does anyone know which ballets?

#2 Roma

Roma

• PipPipPip
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 08:17 AM

I think the three ballets are Le Tricorne, Les Prйsages, and Gaite Parisienne.

#3 Marc Haegeman

Marc Haegeman

Platinum Circle

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,027 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:18 AM

That's correct, Roma: "Three-Cornered Hat" (music by De Falla), "Les Présages" (music by Tchaikovsky), and "Gaité Parisienne" (music by Offenbach). Premiere on 14 April 2005.

#4 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,642 posts

Posted 18 September 2004 - 01:57 PM

I hope that they're able to tour with these, while they're out and around waiting for their theater to get rennovated. There's not a lot of Massine available currently, and I'd be very curious to see how they perform them.

#5 Natalia

Natalia

Rubies Circle

• Foreign Correspondent
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,398 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 02:11 PM

The wish-list for the Bolshoi's (maybe) season at the Met should include the Massine Evening. The Feb. 25, 2005, premiere of Ratmansky's 'The Bolt' (Shostakovich score...full-evening-length ballet) is equally exciting. How many ballets can the Bolshoi bring on tour, next summer? To satisfy all of our wishes, we need to see:

* Pharaoh's Daughter
* Balanchine Evening (Symph in C, Agon, Tarantella, Tchai pdd, Concerto B)
* Massine Evening
* The Bright Stream
* The Bolt
* Ashton's Fille Mal Gardee
* Neumeier's 'Midsummer' (also a premier this season...December)
* New Modern Works, incl. Ratmansky's wonderful 'Leah'

With all of the above choices, I sure as heck hope that it's not yet another 'Grigorovich Festival' at the Met next summer..... :shrug:

#6 carbro

carbro

Late Board Registrar

• Rest in Peace
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,361 posts

Posted 08 October 2004 - 07:56 PM

Great wish list! Unfortunately, based on past experience, I think we're more likely to get Giselle/Swan, Don Q/the new Romeo, and two performances only (over the weekend when I'm committed to be out of town) of an interesting mixed bill.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):