2004-2005 Roster

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 BalletGirl

BalletGirl

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:38 PM

Does anyone know officially what the 2004-2005 roster is for the company and also for BB II?? It seems to be incomplete on their website-- Thanks!

#2 its the mom

its the mom

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 September 2004 - 04:51 PM

BalletGirl: The two girls listed on the website for BBII are girls who are doing a repeat year in BBII. The additional dancers this year are as follows: Daniel Benavides, Megan Gray, Katherine Hartsell, Catherine Rinko-Gay, Danny Scott, Heather Waymack, Elizabeth Wisenberg and Roman Zavarov. Hope that helps. i believe the roster for the main company is mostly updated, however I could be wrong.

#3 fendrock

fendrock

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:57 AM

Did any of these come from the Boston Ballet School?

Also, I read a profile on a BB II dancer Lia Cirio (now in the corps, I believe) in Dance Magazine this month.

#4 jbtlse

jbtlse

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:00 PM

Katherine Hartsell and Roman Zavarov were in the Spring performances 7i (did Swan Lake Pas de Trois)--so they were at least students there last year.

#5 fendrock

fendrock

• PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 12:10 PM

Didn't Katherine Hartsell also dance one of the student parts in Mozartiana last season?

-- although a web search also reveals that she was a student at the National Ballet School at age 15...

#6 its the mom

its the mom

• PipPipPip
  • 173 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:01 PM

Roman was a student at the Boston Ballet School for two years. Katherine Hartsell was a student for not quite one year. They were both in the spring performances and performed the Swan Lake Pas de Trois with another dancer from the school, Janine Roynayne (spelling), who is now dancing at Sarasota Ballet. Katherine was not in Mozartiana last year. The students in Mozartiana were younger students. Katherine, I believe, is 19 or 20, but I'm not sure.

#7 BalletGirl

BalletGirl

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 01:03 PM

Thanks for the update guys!! :thumbsup:

#8 vrsfanatic

vrsfanatic

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 04:54 PM

Megan Gray, three years Harid Conservatory. :thumbsup: Two 6 week summer courses at Boston Ballet!

#9 eland

eland

• Inactive Member
  • PipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 September 2004 - 10:28 PM

To Fendrock. ..
I believe you are thinking about Olivia Hartzel who was in mozartiana.I think she is still a little too young for BII at he moment...
As for the rest of the Website, it is still under construction."The mom " was correct in her information about katherine and Roman,...
In terms of the main company, I believe there is another male joining soon. He is from Dance Theatre of Harlem which makes me happy because the company will have at least one African American dancer in it. I was a bit concerned after Erika Lambe "retired" .It seemed a bit odd that Mikko would let her retire and not have any African Americans to fill her spot.So if this person shows up, my fears are quelled for the moment....Of course it remains to be seen what kind of dancer he is and whether they'll use him, but at least there is one...

#10 pugbee

pugbee

• PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 08:26 AM

I noticed that Sarah Edery's name is missing from the corps list. Anyone know where she's gone?

#11 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 30 September 2004 - 09:22 AM

She is recuperating from an injury and doing well......she would be pleased you asked! :wink: :) WE all wish her a speedy recovery...go Sarah!!!

#12 SusanB

SusanB

• PipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 03:27 AM

I noticed Andrew Kamiski's name is gone too...does anyone know where he's gone?

#13 Juliet

Juliet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 720 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:46 AM

He was supposed to dance with Suzanne Farrell Ballet...since they cancelled their fall tour, I don't know.
Anyone have any idea what's up with that company's future plans?

#14 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,242 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 10:58 AM

Re the Farrell Ballet, I think the only thing that's certain is that they'll be working on the revival of Balanchine's "Don Quixote," which will be danced this spring (June?) at the Kennedy Center.

#15 socalgal

socalgal

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 01 October 2004 - 02:09 PM

I have heard that Farrell Ballet Co. will assemble dancers and be traveling around in the summer months....does anyone know about this? Was this announced publicly anywhere? I was so sorry to hear that the winter tour was canceled.... :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):