This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

9-12 River to River Festival

Oberon, the lovely Korbes will be there with Suozzi, Boal and Whelan. This was printed in the published program for the full festival.

I posted other casting for tonight under the events section.

ps I hope Peter and Wendy leave that yellow and black outfit at home tonight. It stings my eyes like a bee.

Edited by dewdrop

How did I manage to miss this? Did you attend, Dewdrop? Give us a review, please...

Oh, well...I did have compensation: an encounter with Martine van Hamel. What a nice lady!!

Yes, the HERMAN SCHMERMAN costumes are kind of funny but the RED ANGELS ones are super. I used to keep a photo of Wendy in this ballet in my 'fridge and one of my friends thought it was Madonna...

I went last night. I don't have time to write a full review now, but wanted to let you know that they pulled Red Angels and subbed Herman Schmerman. So, Korbes and Suozzi out & yellow costumes in. Wendy & Peter were wonderful. So were Corella & Reyes, and the two Joffrey dancers who's names I can't remember at the moment. Plus, ABT fans got to see Carlos Molina again, partnering 3 BB ballerinas in Who Cares. All 3 were good, none were Balanchinian, Feijoo was outstanding.

:offtopic: sorry, I know

Thanks, Susan! You've captured the event in a very few words, but I hope you'll write more later. I'm going to move this topic to Recent Performances (where we put performances that don't have their own company forum) so it will no longer be off topic :wink:

More comments welcome!!!!

So, Korbes and Suozzi out & yellow costumes in.

Gobsmacked! I hope neither Korbes nor Suozzi had to cancel due to injury.

Meanwhile, here's where the inspiration for the Herman Schmerman costumes may have come from

No Rain

Edited by dewdrop

I really enjoyed the performances on the 12th at 7:30. :)

Angel and Reyes had a terrific effect on the audience. We really enjoyed their effort!!!!!! :P Especially since they danced the Don Q PDD on such a confined outdoor stage that was more condusive to modern dance/smaller movements dances. The other performances were pretty well done also. :wub: