This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

theatre district open house

We attended the Theatre District open house today specifically because we wanted to see what Houston Ballet had for sale in its "garage sale." It was a bust. Both HB and Houston Grand Opera had costumes, and many, many accessories for sale. There were lots of interesting things to look at, but nothing that we just had to have.

13-year-old DD was horrified as her dad put on various heads, masks, and hats!

It was a great outing even though we did not pick up anything.

B)

Glad you were there, Mini Cooper! This was my second year helping out with the HGO Guild by giving tours of Wortham. There was this one gorgeous red tulle gown I wanted (I thought it would make a great prom dress), but unfortunately I didn't have 100 bucks on me. :rolleyes: Many dancers were present, including Lauren Anderson, Andrew Murphy, Sara Webb, Zdenek Konvalina, Kelly Myernick, and quite a few Academy students. I chatted with Myernick for a bit, and she says she's excited about her promotion. Also, all the level 8 Academy boys there say Eduardo Zuniga is an up and coming star. I had always seen him at these sort of functions but never got his name. Now I know. :D