This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

For any Toronto posters that are interested, BMV bookstore has just received some ballet videos from Kultur. They have never been owned, they were extras from the company. They have the 1st Erik Bruhn Prize, a mixed Kirov video, Fernando Bujones in Giselle, and a few others, all for $6.99 each. I just watched the Erik Bruhn prize last night. It features:

Martine Lamy & Owen Montague- black swan pdd (Bruhn version), solos from Blue Snake and The Rite of Spring

Viviana Durante & Errol Pickford- Don Q grand pas (they also performed a contemporary pdd which I cannot remember at this moment!)

Bonnie Moore & Wes Chapman- Sleeping Beauty pdd, Romeo and Juliet balcony pdd

Rose Gad Poulson & Lloyd Riggins- La Sylphide pdd, The Leaves are Fading pdd

hosts: Karen Kain, Glen Tetley

For that price, this video is a steal! I don't know how many copies are left, so go check it out at one of their two locations: Yonge & Edward (right beside the worlds biggest bookstore) or Yonge & Eglington.

Just a note of thanks for you Paquita.....I was in the city myself yesterday and went to the store. Not a lot left, but I picked up an old video of Bujones and some footage of the Royal Ballet.

The Bujones one is ok, a bit dated though. For the price, not bad at all. I haven't seen the other one yet.

Thanks so much for the tip!

m2