This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

No Tour This Fall

From Robert Johnson in The Star-Ledger:

Because of a funding shortfall, the Suzanne Farrell Ballet has called off its upcoming tour dates. According to a spokesman for the Kennedy Center, the financial viability of the tour depended upon an engagement in Mexico City, which was canceled by the presenter. :(

This is really sad news...ABT is cutting back on its touring also. But it's not just ballet...friends who went to opening night at the Met last night reported large numbers of empty seats. The performing arts in general are really suffering right now...and in the Met's case, they are pricing themselves out of most people's reach. I just bought 2 balcony seats for WALKURE and paid $150...even NYCB is said to be raising the 4th Ring Society ticket price for the coming season though in all fairness the increase is over-due; and it remains a huge bargain.

Guest dances4fun

I was hoping to see Suzanne Farrell's ballet company in Southern CA. It's sad to hear that it got cancelled. I missed the performance last year in my area and hoped that I would be able to see it this year.