This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Anton Labuschagne

Ostrich

I know he is originally South African but apart from that I know nothing about him.The information I found about him on the web so far is virtually nil. He is to guest with the South African Ballet Theatre in September (in Swan Lake) and I wonder whether he is worth seeing. Anyone who has seen him, please report!

I haven't seen him, but I googled him, and found this:

The original "Dracula: Ballet with a Bite" is back by popular demand after a four-year hiatus. Internationally renowned actor, model and ballet dancer Anton Labuschagne returns as Count Dracula. A native of South Africa, Labuschagne has danced with the Portuguese National Ballet, Miami City Ballet and Los Angeles Classical Ballet. Starrett said that"Dracula" is the company's most technically complex production for lighting, set changes and special effects.

The company is the Columbia City Ballet. I don't know if he's still there. (The article is from 2001.)

Anyone seen him?

I checked the Columbia City Ballet's website, but didn't find him on the company list. According to the receptionist at South African Ballet Theatre, he dances with the San Fransisco Ballet, but I checked their website too and I can't find him there either. Do they usually keep their website updated?

Initially, Kenneth Greve was supposed to guest in Swan Lake, but apparently plans have changed, much to my dissapointment. I wonder whether it is worth going to see this Anton Labuschagne. One review I found said he is an "internationally renowned actor, model and ballet dancer". If this is true, I'd like to have a look at him. If not, I'd rather save the money and see Greve on another occasion.