This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Which Ashton ballet would you revive?

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 21 August 2004 - 05:36 PM

But one must remember that Mr. Russell-Roberts is an administrative wonk. His knowledge of ballet is not particularly large, except from the business side, at which he is quite accomplished. When he announced, a couple of years ago, what ballets he thought irretrievably lost, other panelists at that meeting differed rather vigorously with him on many.

#17 Brendan McCarthy

Brendan McCarthy

• PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 09 September 2004 - 06:13 AM

To return to Persephone being 'lost forever'. Stephanie Jordan and Geraldine Morris's forthcoming film ' 'Ashton to Stravinsky' features archive film of Svetlana Beriosova and Keith Rosson in an extract from the ballet and also a short sequence in which Christopher Newton and Monica Mason teach a section to a group of RB dancers.

As I understand it, there is an archive film of the entire work. While it is of tolerable quality, the drawback is that there is no sound. In Jordan's video, a piano reduction by Henry Roche, the Royal Ballet's head of music staff, is synched up with the film.

#18 Lovebird

Lovebird

• PipPipPip
  • 130 posts

Posted 13 September 2004 - 06:58 PM

Which other ballets would, or could be revived? I am very excited about the revival of A Wedding Bouquet at the Royal this season. Jazz Calendar would be very fun to see live. I would also like to see Facade, the Royal hasn't performed it in quite a long time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):