This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Dance Galaxy

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,287 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 09:00 AM

Why has Jennifer Dunning reviewed Dance Galaxy, but we haven't????? Surely SOMEONE went to see the Martins/Martins new work? Comments, please!

#2 cargill

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 649 posts

Posted 02 August 2001 - 11:37 AM

For me, it was the old "loved the dancers, didn't like the repertory" scenario. The new Peter Martins looked very much like a Heather Watts pas de deux, with cut off tights, lots of difficult and jerky poses, with the occasional flexed foot. I enjoyed the music, because it was live, which makes such a difference, and the odd combination of instruments (saxaphone, piano, cello, and violin, as far as I could tell) made for an interesting sound. The music had a sort of a casual, impromptu feel, but the choreography was pretty souless. The new Stanton Welch looked like just about every other Stanton Welch piece I have seen, except that the costumes were bright orange. I thougth their first season had more variety, last night all the pieces looked pretty much the same.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):