This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Greatest in 1998

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Larissa_*

Guest_Larissa_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 February 1999 - 09:42 AM

With no douths , all Kirov performances are wonderful. Last year , when Kirov came to Brazil I saw La Bayadère with Altynai Asylmuratova and Yevgeny Ivanchenko. It was amazing!

#17 Guest_Lauren_*

Guest_Lauren_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 February 1999 - 08:56 PM

Over the summer of 98, I saw an ABT mixed performance that was soooo gorgeous. Julie Kent, and maybe Ashley Tuttle? did a piece with corps members which I forget the name of, Paloma and Jose Carreno did the Don Q pas de deux and Susan Jaffe and Valdamir Malakohov did Grande Pas Classique (sp). All my favorite dancers and all wonderful. They also did Etudes, which was a good idea but I think I would have liked it shorter...
P.S. This sounds like the same cast and show Larissa described...maybe we were there on the same night!

I would also like to say that I thought Snow Maiden was good. It wasn't as powerful as, like when I saw Susan Jaffe and Jose Carreno do Romeo and Juliet (nearly brought me to tears!), but it was still good. Besides, I saw Julie Kent do it and I think she is great.

[This message has been edited by Lauren (edited 03-02-99).]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):