This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Greatest in 1998

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 Guest_Larissa_*

Guest_Larissa_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 February 1999 - 09:42 AM

With no douths , all Kirov performances are wonderful. Last year , when Kirov came to Brazil I saw La Bayadère with Altynai Asylmuratova and Yevgeny Ivanchenko. It was amazing!

#17 Guest_Lauren_*

Guest_Lauren_*
  • Unregistered / Not Logged In

Posted 28 February 1999 - 08:56 PM

Over the summer of 98, I saw an ABT mixed performance that was soooo gorgeous. Julie Kent, and maybe Ashley Tuttle? did a piece with corps members which I forget the name of, Paloma and Jose Carreno did the Don Q pas de deux and Susan Jaffe and Valdamir Malakohov did Grande Pas Classique (sp). All my favorite dancers and all wonderful. They also did Etudes, which was a good idea but I think I would have liked it shorter...
P.S. This sounds like the same cast and show Larissa described...maybe we were there on the same night!

I would also like to say that I thought Snow Maiden was good. It wasn't as powerful as, like when I saw Susan Jaffe and Jose Carreno do Romeo and Juliet (nearly brought me to tears!), but it was still good. Besides, I saw Julie Kent do it and I think she is great.

[This message has been edited by Lauren (edited 03-02-99).]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):