A name to watch out for

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 sfshaza

sfshaza

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:18 AM

I heard Yuan Yuan Tan speak before a production of Sylvia last Spring. Yes, she won a ballet award (can't remember which one) after which Helgi approached her and hired her directly as a soloist. Elizabeth Minor was promoted to soloist after Mark Morris chose her as one of his 4 Sylvia's and the consensus was that she was best of the 4. (I only saw Megan Low in the role and she was great, but I know of a woman who saw 3 of the 4 and did feel that Elizabeth Minor did the best job.)

Sharon

Edited by sfshaza, 20 December 2004 - 04:13 PM.

#17 Globetrotter

Globetrotter

• PipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

I saw Nutnaree this summer when the SF Ballet was in London and she looked great: tremendous facility (legs and feet, as they say). I can't wait to see what she does this year.

Another SF ballet soloist was hired quite young - Sarah Van Patten. She was picked by John Neumier (sp?) to dance the lead in his Romeo & Juliet at the Royal Danish when she was 16. Helgi was in Copenhagen setting his Sleeping Beauty on the company and saw her perform. He hired her a year later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):