This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

A name to watch out for

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#16 sfshaza

sfshaza

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 December 2004 - 11:18 AM

I heard Yuan Yuan Tan speak before a production of Sylvia last Spring. Yes, she won a ballet award (can't remember which one) after which Helgi approached her and hired her directly as a soloist. Elizabeth Minor was promoted to soloist after Mark Morris chose her as one of his 4 Sylvia's and the consensus was that she was best of the 4. (I only saw Megan Low in the role and she was great, but I know of a woman who saw 3 of the 4 and did feel that Elizabeth Minor did the best job.)

Sharon

Edited by sfshaza, 20 December 2004 - 04:13 PM.

#17 Globetrotter

Globetrotter

• PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 02 January 2005 - 10:01 AM

I saw Nutnaree this summer when the SF Ballet was in London and she looked great: tremendous facility (legs and feet, as they say). I can't wait to see what she does this year.

Another SF ballet soloist was hired quite young - Sarah Van Patten. She was picked by John Neumier (sp?) to dance the lead in his Romeo & Juliet at the Royal Danish when she was 16. Helgi was in Copenhagen setting his Sleeping Beauty on the company and saw her perform. He hired her a year later.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases. (If it doesn't appear below, your computer's or browser's adblockers may have blocked display):