This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

What did you like about the past season? or not?

Larissa Ponomorenko.... Definitely a high point in anything I saw her dance!!! (:) :rolleyes:) She is amazing onstage and off.

I didn't love Don Quixote...I know it was Nureyevs' version etc. but it was a bit long without much happening. Everybody danced their roles superbly and the choreography was extremely challenging..Perhaps that is why I didn't enjoy it.I felt sorry for the dancers and admired them at the same time...

I didn't hate it, it just wasn't up there on my must see list.

I really enjoyed the mixed rep program in the spring, especially "Plan to B" by Yorma Elo.He is a very interesting person and choreographer.

I think the best thing about Boston Ballet this season is how well the dancers performed ...I mean half of the company was brand new and yet everybody pulled it together like they were old pros.

There also wasn't a noticible gap between the company and BB2 dancers as there has been in the past.In fact, some of the BB2 women were quite exceptional and rightly so earned contracts for the company.

A sad note I suppose is saying farewell to people who have left the company.I didn't like how it became so secretive this year.There are so few real fans in Boston for Ballet...Not to discount the few of us around, but if you look outside the city... In New York and San Fancisco , news is news regardless and people would know what is going on... I just think it was a shame that people won't know who will not be returning next season...this isn't meant to deter them from attending shows, but to prepare them not to see their favorites...

All in all though, good job Boston Ballet.I hear they're going outside of Boston next season,Show them what you're made of!

I agree with eland. Larissa Ponomarenko - this is a true ballerina. What a shame that she doesn't get the press she deserves. Also, Lorna Feijoo, who is an exciting dancer, but does get more press. I think also what eland said was true. The company performed remarkably, although there were many new company members. I was surprised at the cohesiveness. I think I have mentioned it before, but I have also been impressed with the depth of the company. Lots of soloists and corps members able to "dance up" and do it well. Favorite ballets - Jorma Elo's Plan to B, Swan Lake, and Lady of the Camellias. I would love to see this company come into the headlines more. Hopefully with plans to dance at Jacob's Pillow and maybe do some touring, they will. Looking forward to Kylian program and seeing the company do Balanchine's Divertimento, a long-time favorite of mine. All in all, a great season.

The company is dancing extremely well, but I miss the personality of the individual dancers of the "old" company...

The company also looks a bit Homogonized in that there isn't much variation of color, but everyone is still great to watch.

i have long been a fan of inclusion and I don't think it is intentional, but I do think mikko should look at hiring another black or darker Latino female dancer for next year...that kind of "inclusion" gives the community the sense that you don't have to be white or fair skinned to have a ballet career and that is one thing about Bruce Marks and AnnaMarie Holes that I miss.

Diversity was Bruce's platform and AnnaMarie carried it out after he left...

It would be a shame to see the company regress on that front even if it has good dancers.There are plenty of good black dancers out there too...

In terms of Shows...Taming was fun. nutcracker was well danced, Sylphede was beautiful, but short, they should have had another piece with it...(oh and that was 2005...oops)