• Please log in to reply
213 replies to this topic

#211 Stage Right

Stage Right

• PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:01 PM

Wow, what an incredibly long thread! here's my votes:

Ivan Nagy (don't think anyone's mentioned him yet), Erik Bruhn, Peter Martins, George Zoritch. I saw someone mention Christopher Gables in there somewhere, and that brought back memories of one of my favorite ballet books as a child......

#212 cubanmiamiboy

cubanmiamiboy

Diamonds Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,250 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 06:54 PM

I totally agree with Cubanmiamiboy, what in heavens name is Frometa doing in the CORPS at Cincinnati Ballet (nothing against the city). Surely he should be at least a principal. I keep hoping that Tamara Rojo (with whom he has danced a number of times) might make him a principal at ENB. That is the level where he (I think) belongs. Surely he has worked hard enough to deserve the right.

Definitely. He was a wonderful partenaire for Miss Valdes, and they created one of the best DQ ever filmed. Yes, he should go to England...

#213 Balletgoal

Balletgoal

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 10:42 PM

David Halberg and Marcelo Gomes from ABT, Friedman Vogel from Stuttgart Ballet, Vito Mazzeo from San Francisco Ballet,Roberto Bolle from La Scala and Nureyev above all.

#214 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,221 posts

Posted 26 May 2013 - 11:08 PM

I have to add Karel Cruz. Photos don't do him justice*. He could have been a movie star in the '40's.

*Better to see him in motion:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):