This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Most Handsome Male Dancer(s)

Yes...Richard Cragun is a good addition to the list. Did you know that he is from Sacramento, California? dirac....Seeing Gable and Seymour live in Mac Millan's "Romeo and Juliet" was one of the most memorable performances I have EVER witnessed. No cast I have seen since quite compares to this remarkable pairing. They were the choreographer's inspiration; the ballet was created for them.

Yes, Richard Cragun was from California and claimed to be part native American as well. He was also a wonderful dancer.

Gina, Christopher Gable was fantastic (in addition to being handsome) as was Lynn Semour......did you ever see the Invitation or Daphnis and Chloe with Gable?

I never saw "Daphnis and Chloe", but I did see "The Invitation". Lynn Seymour was riveting in that role! Such a powerful actress...They both were remarkable actors as well as dancers! I know this is a bit off topic, but do you or does anyone out there know if there are any videos that exist of Christopher Gable? I know he made a movie (I seem to remember him with Twiggy?) But, I mean, any dancing videos hopefully from the time he was a star with the Royal Ballet...

"Hammoudi" means cutie in hebrew, and also probably Arabic!!!

THe things you learn on this site!

More handsome Danes:

Ib Andersen, angelic

Arne Villumsen, dreamboat

Yes, Christopher Gable -- he was not only handsome, his way of being handsome was like an allegory of bright youth -- You could call his picture "Glad Day" and everyone would understand.

More handsome Danes:

Ib Andersen, angelic

I never really though of him as angelic-looking, despite the blond curls. Having seen him yesterday from about 10 yards away, I must say he is the most early-thirties-year-old-looking early-fifties-year-old I think I've ever seen. (In real life, not after a team of air-brushers and make-up artists have done their best.) While he still could be the child of the snowbirds in the audience, I suspect most think he's no older than their grandchildren, and they just don't believe him when he says in Q&A's that he's an old man.

Yes, Christopher Gable -- he was not only handsome, his way of being handsome was like an allegory of bright youth -- You could call his picture "Glad Day" and everyone would understand.

Gable was like taking all those British WWI era poets' version of Youth on a Pedestal and adding red blood to it.

Am astonished no one has mentiond Igor Zelensky and Konstantin Zaklinsky - both are very good looking hunks

The young Anthony Dowell was the most beautiful danced ever.

More recently the Kirov's Victor Baranov rates the most beautiful.

Jorge Donne was probably the sexiest ever.

Karl Musil of Vienna Opera Ballet was also a stunner.

Terry

Am astonished no one has mentiond Igor Zelensky and Konstantin Zaklinsky - both are very good looking hunks
Yes, welcome, Terry!

nySusan posted Igor Zelensky's name and jose manuel had Zaklinsky on his list, but they're worth mentioning again!

Marga - thanks for pointing that Zaklinsky and Zelensky had already been mentioned.

In fact, the handsomest male dancer I have ever seen was Konstantin Zaklinksy's uncle, Alexei Zakalinksy (slightly different name spelling for the Moscow branch of the family) a Bolshoi soloist of the mid-1960s.

I was at the Moscow repeat of the Vaganova Academy's Graduation Performance the year Konstantin Zaklinsky debuted in a ballet to Glazunov's 'The Seasons'. Alexei Zakalinsky and his wife Svetlana Adyrkheva (Bolshoi principal dancer) were sitting front row centre. When I asked him if he was related to Konstantin Zaklinsky he said proudly "He's my nephew".

In contrast to Konstantin's dark good looks , Alexei was a stunning blue-eyed blonde. His big number was a divert pas de trois 'The Ocean and the Pearls' which he danced with Natalia Taborko and Natalia Ryzhenko wearing 'Spring Waters' type costumes.

Anyone else remember him from those far off golden days?

Terry

I thought the handsomest dancer I saw was John Markovsky the husband of Alla Osipenko. I never saw him live just in the Swan Lake movie with Evseeva. Anyone ever seen him live?

I forgot to mention two other beautiful men:

1) Ivan Cavallari former principal of the Stuttgart Ballet and now a freelance choreographer. Here is his website:

Ivan Cavallari's homepage

2) The other is Ivan Liska who danced with Marcia Haydée in the film of John Neumeier's "The Lady of the Camellias". He now heads the Bavarian State Opera Ballet.

His bio in German

Edited by FauxPas
manuel legris.

le dernier cri

je ne sais plus

manuel legris

Sorry estelle, I had a little "poetic" fit there.... without having enough French to poetize. He's the bomb.

He is a bit of a bomb isn't he! Though I must say, POB scores rather highly in the overall :blushing: department (men and women).

Some handsome/hot blasts from the past:

Kip Houston (handsome)

Peter Schaufuss (hot)

Patrick Bissell (handsome)

John Tourjaman (both)

Ethan Browne (both)

OT: Christopher Gillis (hot)

[am I dating myself?]

Kip Houston (handsome)

Peter Schaufuss (hot)

John Tourjaman (both)

Ethan Browne (both)

[am I dating myself?]

Ray, I must dissent on one point. Patrick Bissell wasn't hot? I had to get out my oven mitts just to put up a poster. :)

Kip Houston (handsome)

Peter Schaufuss (hot)

John Tourjaman (both)

Ethan Browne (both)

[am I dating myself?]

Ray, I must dissent on one point. Patrick Bissell wasn't hot? I had to get out my oven mitts just to put up a poster. :)

I submit, gladly!

On the basis of the photo of Leon Danielian recently posted by RG ( partnering Mary Ellen Moylan, if I remember right), oh my God, what a hot guy.

and Youskevitch in the next photograph, what a thoughtful, sensitive, handsome man. Like a horse or a dog, almost, so beautiful, so present, so intelligent, so alive.

On the basis of the photo of Leon Danielian recently posted by RG ( partnering Mary Ellen Moylan, if I remember right), oh my God, what a hot guy.

and Youskevitch in hte next photograph, what a thoughtful, sensitive, handsome man. Like a horse or a dog, almost, so beautiful, so present, so intelligent, so alive.

Danielian, definitely. And add John Kriza to the ABT stud muffin list, if his name hasn't arisen already.

I never found Peter Martins handsome, and Carlos Acosta is (I'm afraid) not very attractive, at least to my eyes.

Very good-looking from ABT's current roster is Grant DeLong. Casting him as Paris alongside Hallberg and Paloma was a mistake, as I couldn't understand why she'd turn down Grant for David.

I also like Craig Salstein for his unaffected American good looks.

(My post made it here, but the server had an apparent glitch - probably it was mad at me for speaking ill of Carlos and Peter - and it didn't update the index or list of Last Posts.)

I see them as at their handsomest in particular roles. Some I've seen offstage and I don't count that, because they aren't always as handsome there.

Peter Martins in 'Davidsbundlertanze'

Nikolaj Hubbe in 'Apollo'

Peter Schaufuss in 'Coppellia'

Rudolph Nureyev in 'Sleeping Beauty' (1973)

Marcelo Gomez as Von Rothbart, ABT/PBS production of 'Swan Lake'

Also remember thinking Patrick Dupond in Ballet at the Beacon, 1980; and Michal Denard in video of 'La Sylphide'' looked pretty fantastic.