This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Most Handsome Male Dancer(s)

..... and he is famous for them as well) do not make the man. But as bart said, "manner, way of relating to others, [and] smile"; and I'll add: the thoughtfulness, care, and generousity of spirit I experienced. Merci, gracias, spessibo, thank you.

Your post makes me wonder to whom you are alluding? I read back through the thread and am perplexed as to the identity of the dancer you mention. Could you reveal his name? :)

..... and he is famous for them as well) do not make the man. But as bart said, "manner, way of relating to others, [and] smile"; and I'll add: the thoughtfulness, care, and generousity of spirit I experienced. Merci, gracias, spessibo, thank you.

Your post makes me wonder to whom you are alluding? I read back through the thread and am perplexed as to the identity of the dancer you mention. Could you reveal his name? :)

Marga, i just guided your hands to type this question..

now, the answer, please!

Ah, but what I posted both times on this thread could be applied generically to ALL (dancers or not) who have shown they are much more than 'a handsome face'. That is, "who" they are, is never as important as "how" they are, which was my point.

And I do apologise to those who have asked, but until certain other issues are negotiated, I am not at liberty to say who it is, other than to acknowledge his proof of the above thesis and my gratitude.

On the basis of the photo of Leon Danielian recently posted by RG ( partnering Mary Ellen Moylan, if I remember right), oh my God, what a hot guy.

and Youskevitch in the next photograph, what a thoughtful, sensitive, handsome man. Like a horse or a dog, almost, so beautiful, so present, so intelligent, so alive.

I studied with both of those men. They were very different!

Old Trock, I have to agree about Rolando Sarabia, whom I've seen a few times with MCB. (I was sorry to miss him in a jazz program they put on in their studios in Miami Beach). In the right mood and with the right partner, he smolders. The on-stage changes he has brought about in a couple of his partners since arriving on MCB are quite astonishing!

And, welcome to Ballet Talk. When it comes to style, wit, attitude, theatrical excitement and devotion to the traditions and perfume of classical ballet, I put the Trocks right up there with the Bolshoi. :bow:

Can i keep adding names to this list...? ( I voted already.. :smilie_mondieu:)

Well, let's assume a "yes" as an answer, so in that case:

POB Roberto Bolle

RB Federico Bonelli

(both italians, BTW. Happy dancerboy...?)

How could I ever have forgotten Jose Manuel Correno? (sorry, my key board doesn't have the Spanish tilda for the N). Now I am sure you are happy Crisitan!!!

Can i keep adding names to this list...? ( I voted already.. :tomato:)

POB Roberto Bolle

RB Federico Bonelli

How could I ever have forgotten Jose Manuel Correno? (sorry, my key board doesn't have the Spanish tilda for the N). Now I am sure you are happy Crisitan!!!

Yes, how could you!!. :smilie_mondieu: .

Now i'm totally happy...

Old Trock, I have to agree about Rolando Sarabia, whom I've seen a few times with MCB. (I was sorry to miss him in a jazz program they put on in their studios in Miami Beach). In the right mood and with the right partner, he smolders. The on-stage changes he has brought about in a couple of his partners since arriving on MCB are quite astonishing!

And, welcome to Ballet Talk. When it comes to style, wit, attitude, theatrical excitement and devotion to the traditions and perfume of classical ballet, I put the Trocks right up there with the Bolshoi. :blushing:

You're very kind. I was lucky enough in the Baryshnikov era to dance all over the world, met and study with some of the best of that era.

Can i keep adding names to this list...? ( I voted already.. :wub:)

POB Roberto Bolle

RB Federico Bonelli

Yes, how could you!!. :blushing: .

Now i'm totally happy...

Check the Sunday NY Times, 2-24-08, Arts section. There is a full-page ad for ABT with Carreño's very sexy picture on it.

Now that this thread is fairly aged, I see that I still find certain dancers magnificent in certain roles or at certain periods of their careers, and less so in/or at others. I paid no attention to Angel Corella in that 2005 Swan Lake (which doesn't mean I don't think he was good, I just wasn't interested especially in much of anything that was going on), but recently watched the 2000 'Romeo and Juliet' with Alessandra Ferri.

Well, there is also a difference in emphasis in 'handsome' and 'gorgeous', and as Romeo Angel Corella is gorgeous. He is easily the most arresting Romeo I've ever seen--because it's a combination of not only the phenomenal dancing, but he's got the right body type for Romeo to have convinced me more than Nureyev, who is too theatrical in a certain sense of the word. I thought Ferri exquisite as Juliet, but except when they were dancing together, I watched him more than I did her. Her dancing seemed to me to be equal to his, but she didn't seem to embody Juliet quite as much as he did Romeo.

Along the same lines, some have praised Acosta's looks, and they may be wonderful as well as his dancing, which must be. I have only seen him, though, in the Royal Ballet DVD of 'Coppelia' and do not like him as Franz at all. I thought he was all wrong for that, but then since I first saw this role with Peter Schaufuss, I can't imagine anyone more perfect. Nevertheless, the 70's Afro-Cuban dancer Lazzaro Carreno (whose name I had forgotten and must thank Cristian for) would have, I think, made a Franz I would have loved, because more boyish and playful. So it's not a matter of race and skin colour, i'm sure I'd like Acosta in many other things. I thought he would have been better as Dr. Coppelius. I also like Mathieu Ganio as Franz, I think I must see Franz as something more slender and boyish, not hyper-masculine.

There's also a superb-looking animal in the Kylian video of 'les Noces', he's the bigger of the two featured dancers and is the only one dressed in all-white--but I don't know whether this is Joke Zijlstra or Gerald Tibbs.

Now that this thread is fairly aged, I see that I still find certain dancers magnificent in certain roles or at certain periods of their careers, and less so in/or at others. I paid no attention to Angel Corella in that 2005 Swan Lake (which doesn't mean I don't think he was good, I just wasn't interested especially in much of anything that was going on), but recently watched the 2000 'Romeo and Juliet' with Alessandra Ferri.

Well, there is also a difference in emphasis in 'handsome' and 'gorgeous', and as Romeo Angel Corella is gorgeous. He is easily the most arresting Romeo I've ever seen--because it's a combination of not only the phenomenal dancing, but he's got the right body type for Romeo to have convinced me more than Nureyev, who is too theatrical in a certain sense of the word. I thought Ferri exquisite as Juliet, but except when they were dancing together, I watched him more than I did her. Her dancing seemed to me to be equal to his, but she didn't seem to embody Juliet quite as much as he did Romeo.

As I've said many times...Corella in R& J is a perfect synergy of looks, temperment, and technique. Something the ABT p.r./marketing staff seem to be aware of also, since he usually graces the R&J publicity (one-sheets, 'lobby cards', program covers) whenever it's performed. FYI: In several on-line and print interviews, and in the book Round About the Ballet, he explains his affinity for the role. He is very astute when analyzing it.

PS. I understand your reaction to the 2005 Swan Lake video completely, but also thought his performance helped the clueless Emmy evaluators understand the story/role more, and perhaps contributed to the broadcast winning the award.

:) Well, Well, Well...... This is where one gives away their age....

Lets go back in time .... Donald Mc Cleary, tall dark and very handsome- David Wall with his lovely Auburn hair and good looks, plus being a super guy and really good friend. Ruddi Nureyev of course, when he was younger. Back to today... Roberto Bolle ... Jeremie Belingard (pob Etoile :tiphat: also a model for Gaultier Men's products) See him in Marie Claire adverts. He is gorgeous, also plays in a group. :dunno::wub: He is spoken for being Aurelie D's boyfriend. Such a lovely couple.

:wub: Well, Well, Well...... This is where one gives away their age....

Lets go back in time .... Donald Mc Cleary, tall dark and very handsome- David Wall with his lovely Auburn hair and good looks, plus being a super guy and really good friend.

I'm happy to see somebody mentioning David Wall. I recently bought the dvd with the RB production of Macmillans Manon, and everytime I watch it I'm astonished by Walls Lescaut. The whole cast is fabulous, but Wall is a real phenomena in timing and partnering. I never get tired of wathing his drunken pas de deux with Monaica Mason in the second act, it's absolutely hilarious! I have been looking everywhere to find some more recordings with this dancer, but without any luck so far.

Can anyone help?

Nureyev and Zaklinsky when they were young ( add Andris Liepa and Vasiliev here, too )

Ethan Stiefel

Angel Corella

Roberto Bolle

Federico Bonelli

Marcelo Gomes

(I'm Brazilian - love'm tall, dark and sexy :helpsmilie: )

and Ruzimatov for extra sexyness