This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Vladimir Vasiliev-Dance Horizons Spotlight Series

volumes of this series of BOOKLETS sometimes surface on ebay.

they are staple 'bound' magazine-type productions, mostly consisting of photos.

the reason the 'author' is given as MIRA i assume is to indicate that the pix are by Myra Armstrong, an admistrative assistant and photographer who once worked for Hurok and now works with ABT.

i THINK each of these booklets has a little introductory text, but not much of one. i may have a copy of the vasiliev issue, if i do and i put my hands on it i can tell you if the text is signed, and if so, by whom.

have found my copy: it runs a total of 24 pp. including front and back heavier-stock covers. as suspected the photos are by MIRA; the introductory text, copyright, like the photos, 1975, is by anna kisselgoff and runs under 3 pp. the rest of the publication is photos, all but one, a portrait by moscow photog. eugene umnov, are by MIRA. the captioning is minimal, naming the ballet shown and the dancer(s) depicted, all in black and white.

the photos are good, capturing climactic moments of performance either of VV solo or of him w/ a ballerina.

the printing quality is decent magazine-style printing.

some double-page spreads have 3 & 4 pictures; so some are small and some are full p. bleed.

the format size is 7x9 in.

the semi-glossy stock is med. wt.

they most resemble i suppose souvenir books.