This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Summer ballet performances in Hamilton

Chan Hon Goh's website is now updated to include two appearances at the Brott Music Festival in Hamilton on July 10 and August 19. Here's the link: http://www.brottmusic.com/concerts.htm.

Has anyone attended this festival before? I've never heard of it, but I'm glad I found out about it! I'm hoping on going for the Tchaikovsky program where she will dance in Swan Lake and Sleeping Beauty (pdd) with Nilas Martins. The tickets are very reasonable at $30/$25! I have been inside the Hamilton Place theatre, and it's not the greatest, but it should still be a good program.

Goh's website has also been redesigned, so be sure to have a look! www.chanhongoh.com

I went for the Tchaikovsky program last night. It was a nice program, but there wasn't very much by way of ballet. I was surprised that the dancers were only given a tiny piece of the stage, in front of the symphony. Some of the choreography had to be changed to accomodate the space limitations, and at one point, Nilas Martins almost bumped into one of the violinists! It was too bad that they could only do the adagio from Sleeping Beauty, not the full pdd with variations and coda. Nevertheless, Chan is absolutely beautiful in these roles:)