This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Deep Discount DVD, which regularly sells DVDs for very low prices that include shipping (in the US), is having a special sale until June 25. All DVDs are 20% off the company's regular price when you enter the code DEEPDISCOUNT in the promotion code box when you check out. You can only use the discount code once, which I assume means that you can buy as many discs as you want in one order. The discount only applies to currently released discs, not pre-release orders.

This company is a legit operation; I've ordered from them twice and had no problems. They offer quite a few ballet discs, but the trick is finding them. The web site is a bit funky in that regard. Don't bother clicking on "ballet" on the left-hand side of the screen -- that will only bring up a small number of discs. Even doing a search for "ballet" will yield fewer discs than they actually have in their inventory. Your best bets are one of the following: (1) search for a specific DVD, such as "Trockadero," (2) call the company (there's an 800 number on the site), or (3) go to DVD Talk's PriceGrabber and search for the disc you're interested in. You'll get results from a number of different sources, with the cheapest highlighted. This may be the best way to browse, since in my experience you can find discs through this search engine that do not show up on DDDVD's own search engine. Confusing, I know. But consider these bargains:

American Ballet Theater at the Met (1984) Les Sylphides, Sylvia pas de deux, Triad, Paquita, with Baryshnikov, van Hamel, Makarova, McKerrow, Tcherkassky, Bujones, Gregory, etc.

List price: $29.95

DDDVD's Regular Price: $16.18

With discount code: $12.94

Trilogy of Ballet The Bolshoi in Giselle (Bessmertnova, M. Lavrovsky), Romeo & Juliet (same dancers), and The Nutcracker (Maximova, Vasiliev, Pavlova, Gordeyev)

List Price: $39.95

DDDVD's Regular Price: $21.58

With discount code: $17.26

Choreography by Balanchine, Vol. I (1978) Tzigane, Andante from Divertimento #15, The Four Temperaments, selections from Jewels, Stravinsky Violin Concerto, with Farrell, Martins, McBride, Ashley, Calegari, Saland, Lavery, von Aroldingen, etc.

List Price: $29.95

DDDVD's Regular Price: $19.94

With discount code: $15.95

Happy shopping!

N.B. if the 'trilogy of ballet' w/ 'nutcracker' is the same disc i've acquired i can say that the transfer from video to disc is not very impressive. there are glitches and crude transitions throughout the disc i bought of the bolshoi 'nutcracker'

my assumption is that the rush to market this title on dvd prevented the producers from doing a very careful job. so, buyer be advised.

Deep Discount DVD is having another 20% off sale. It ends this Saturday, November 20th. Just type SUPERSALE in the promotion code box after you place your order, and 20% will be deducted from your total cost. All prices include shipping (in the U.S.).

Examples of their dance discs (click on the title):

The Sleeping Beauty with Sofiane Sylve and the Dutch National Ballet

List price $39.95

Amazon price $31.99

Regular DDDVD price $31.20

With special promotion $24.96

La Bayadere by the Paris Opera Ballet

List price $29.95

Amazon price $26.96

Regular DDDVD price $16.18

With special promotion $12.94

Don Quixote by the Kirov, with Tatiana Terekhova

List price $29.95

Amazon price $26.06

Regular DDDVD price $16.18

With special promotion $12.94

(note—I'm not sure that this is available with the special promotion because it won't be released until Nov. 23 and the promotion doesn't include preorders, but you can try)

Video Dictionary of Classical Ballet

List price $49.95

Amazon price $44.96

Regular DDDVD price $26.98

With special promotion $21.58

Martha Graham in Performance

List price $19.95

Amazon price $17.96

Regular DDDVD price $10.77

With special promotion $8.61

As I mentioned above, I have ordered from this company several times and have never had a problem.