This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Houston Ballet in England

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,258 posts

Posted 05 April 2001 - 10:12 AM

I gather from the reviews the critics weren't enraptured by "Cleopatra." Have any of our British posters been going? Any reports?

#2 Jane Simpson

Jane Simpson

Gold Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 947 posts

Posted 07 April 2001 - 04:00 PM

I'm with the critics, I'm afraid - some fine dancers doing all that they could with some very mediocre choreography.

The second programme - a triple bill with the addition of Acosta and Anderson in the Diana and Acteon pas de deux - went down much better, with Trey McIntyre's Second Before the Ground being the most liked. I'd like to see something else by Natalie Weir as some of the movement in In a Whisper looked interesting but - to my ear - she was completely overwhelmed by the music, the adagio from Schubert's String Quintet.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):