Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkabanwhat did you think?

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#16 Ed Waffle

Ed Waffle

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 493 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 08:53 PM

Thanks, Treefrog.

Did the characters played by Shaw, Sommerville, Hardy and Walters have larger parts in the previous movies? There isn't much point in hiring actors of their stature for such tiny roles--difficult to schedule for one thing.

#17 coffee

coffee

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 15 June 2004 - 09:05 PM

I don't believe that Hardy/Fudge has had a very large role in any of the movies yet, but in the ones that are to come his role will be much bigger, I think. Shaw/Petunia has a significant role in the beginning of the movies and then dissapears for the rest of the film, because then Harry goes to school. Walters/Mrs. Weasly is a larger character in the other books as well. Much more than in this one. Since Lilly Potter is dead, Sommerville doesn't really have a very significant part in any of them.

#18 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 03:52 AM

Don't forget that the lure of the Harry Potter movies has an almost irresistible lure for some actors; I mean Kenneth BRANAGH as the hammy and addled Gilderoy Lockhart? The attraction is a lot like "The Muppet Show". Everybody and his brother and mother and cousin in the UK was trying to get on that show, including Nureyev!

#19 perky

perky

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 653 posts

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:31 AM

Glad to hear that Robert Hardy's role in the upcoming films will be larger. Anytime Hardy is on screen it's a good thing, however I still always think of him as Siegfried Farnon! :wink:

#20 Helene

Helene

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 11,202 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 07:28 PM

In an interview, Daniel Radcliffe said that he thinks that Ron and Hermione will end up together, and that his character will die.

And I was hoping Rawling wouldn't do the obvious and would leave Hermione and Krum together.

#21 K8smom

K8smom

• PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 22 June 2004 - 08:43 PM

Well, in the interview it sounded more like Radcliffe was just giving his opinion, not that he had any insider information. I'd actually be pretty shocked if she killed Harry off, even though she's sort of implied it...

#22 JaneD

JaneD

• PipPip
  • 66 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 04:18 AM

The blurb on the back of the French edition (yes, I'm sorry, I've read all five in both English and French) says that the series covers the life and death of Harry. I'm not sure how the publishers know that.

Harry Potter in French has given me some odd vocabulary, but I'm finding Lord of the Rings hard going!

Jane

#23 GWTW

GWTW

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 533 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 07:18 AM

Mel, I believe the rationale many actors are giving is "I swear and take my clothes off in all my other movies. I'm doing this one for the kids". I'm just not sure whether they mean they can take their kids to see the Harry Potter movies or whether the Harry Potter movies are paying for their college funds!

#24 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 06:58 PM

Whatever their motives are, I'm glad they're doing it, in order that the Potter flicks have the talent to match the kids'!

And I am thoroughly convinced that bookjacket copywriters never read the books they describe. Sometimes they fall into unfortunate clichés that don't reflect what goes on in the book they're describing at all, let alone future books of a series!

#25 thedriver

thedriver

• Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 23 June 2004 - 10:04 PM

My DD isn't 16 yet--so I am allowing her to post under my name:

Today I saw the movie for the 5th...yes the 5th time. I simply love everything about Harry Potter: the books, the movies, the actors/actresses, infact-my mom and I even purchased an obnoxiously large poster from the 3rd movie for my dorm room at camp. :rolleyes:

About two weeks ago Entertainment Weekly featured the movie. In their article they stated that Emma Watson is for sure going to be in the remaining 4 movies, however Rupert and Daniel may possibly be replaced. I hope they keep with the original three for all 7 movies, it would be very dissapointing if they were to change.

I'm leaving for my SI tomorrow morning...so I suppose I should go to bed. However, I'm counting down the days until the 4th movie is released November 18th, 2005 (16 months and 25 days) :wink:

#26 Mel Johnson

Mel Johnson

Diamonds Circle

• Moderators
  • 5,311 posts

Posted 24 June 2004 - 05:53 PM

Alfonso Cuaron said in a followup in EW that any Potter movies he does in the future will keep all the kids. He liked them all too much! I loved the descriptions of what the kids did about their "essay" assignment. Emma wrote 16 pages, Dan wrote one, and Rupert...didn't do it. That about said to me that these actors are THE right ones for their parts.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):