This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Davidsbundlertanze

No, i've already read that thread. I meant which pas de deux(s) corresponded to which songs of Davidsbundlertanze.

I used to play the piano and subsequently have a million piano CDs lying around. After seeing the short clip of Farrell and d'Amboise dancing Davidsbundlertanze in Elusive Muse, I thought, "Oh, I have that album." and started listening to it.

I was wondering which couple danced to which song, not who danced whose part in revivals of the ballet.

ie. I think Farrell and d'Amboise did a pas de deux to "Innig" off of the album...opus...whatever.

Edited by iceydeville

Just as an aside: there used to be a radio program called "First Hearing" on WQXR in New York on which three music critics reviewed new recordings. Sometime in the early eighties, they played portions of Robert Schumann's Davidsbundlertanze. A critic named Bert Wechsler held forth not so much on the recording as on how much he disliked the music and added "But at least we didn't have to watch that awful Balanchine choreography."

I was surprised that he even knew about the ballet, since most music critics then and now are oblivious of the art. But I thought his opinion idiotic on both counts.