Ballet by the Water 2004August 24-26

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#16 tigger

tigger

• PipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 08:47 PM

gracey, you're so lucky to have seen Ogden's Aurora! Leigh--you're welcome! Writing it down helps me remember what I saw ;)

Reading Paquita's review made me wonder: what makes a good Aurora? To me, Greta Hodgkinson on Tuesday was good, but not spectacular (my apologies to any of her admirers out there, it might have been the bad seats). My main quibble is that when she looked down at her hand during the balances, that made them look difficult.

#17 Leigh Witchel

Leigh Witchel

Editorial Advisor

• Editorial Advisor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,466 posts

Posted 29 August 2004 - 10:12 PM

Tigger, in my opinion you can't tell a great Aurora from the dancing alone - which is why an excerpted version might not let you know. Aurora needs to be not just able to balance - she's beauty, order and reason. You need a dancer who's the golden mean.

That just made the question worse, didn't it? :D

#18 gracey

gracey

• PipPip
  • 32 posts

Posted 30 August 2004 - 05:16 AM

Tigger it was an absolute pleasure and suprise.

Paquita I seem to be under the impression she had a foot injury or fracture which kept her out of a good portion of the season at that time. It was a shame as we were looking forward to seeing her at that time. I imagine that is what made this quite an unexpected suprise....meant to be!

Leigh they presented 47 minute of Sleeping Beauty ( much to my daughters delight) and it was magical.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):