This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

from DVD to CD - how to copy the music?

I am aware that the captioned topic is not exactly "ballet music" stuff... so please move it if needed.

I read on another thread a suggestion about copying hte music from a DVD into a CD. I would like to know how you exactly go about doing this, i.e., what equipment is needed

thank you

silvy

I am aware that the captioned topic is not exactly "ballet music" stuff... so please move it if needed.

I read on another thread a suggestion about copying hte music from a DVD into a CD.  I would like to know how you exactly go about doing this, i.e., what equipment is needed

thank you

silvy

There are several ways to do this, depending on whether you are willing to pay a littl ebit of money for a utility or whether you want to use free ones.

PAY METHOD :

buy a dvd audio ripper. These are readily findable and run about $30.

The audio rippers are fairly nice. I have imToo's AudioRipper and it's ok. There appear to be better ones out now. You just select which tracks to ripp and it converts to .wav or .mp3.

FREE METHOD:

download the following utilities:

DVDDecrypter

FlaskMPEG

ac3dec

ripp your dvd using DVDDecrypter. It will be many files (.vob, .ifo, .bup) in a single directory. Then, using Flask, open that dvd image. in one of the options tabs, specify "Decode audio into file" and then specify the filelocation\name. Run flask. Flask will generate a .ac3 file, which is the AC3 Dolby Digital audio file. Run ac3dec. Drag the .ac3 file onto ac3dec and it will convert it to a .wav.

After a little testing, you can do this with only SMARTRipper and ac3dec. Just ripp using SMARTRipper, but in the STREAM PROCESSING TAB, select "Enable Stream Processing", select the audio track you want (sometimes they have multiple audio tracks), then select "Demux to extra file". Ripp and it'll create the .ac3 file. Then use ac3dec to make your .wav.

if you want to speed up/slow down the tempo or trim out bits or try to filter out applause, then you should use a nice .wav editor like CoolEditPro (which costs, but i'm not sure how much these days).

HTH

you can email me (evilninjax@gmail.com) if you need further help.

-goro-

Edited by EvilNinjaX