This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Cinderella

The Cinderella performance was wonderful. I saw it on the 15th. Apparently I went on a good day because the girl who danced Cinderella (Julie Gumbinner?) was engaged that day.

I didn't see the third act, though. It was getting kind of late and the boyfriend and I decided to go home.

Either way, don't get lawn seats in the back (get either real seats or get there early for the front of the lawn). So many little children and obnoxious standing adults made me want to scream. :wub:

Old Fashioned, I saw the Saturday night performance. Julie Gumbinner did indeed get engaged that day, to Lucas Priolo, who danced the Prince opposite her that night. :wink: it was rather fun: at the end of the curtain calls, after the conductor had come out and bowed, a ring was brought out on a cushion and Priolo knelt and put it on Gumbinner's finger. She looked delighted and actually surprised. The performance was generally good-- I think Barbara Bears deserved top honors as the Fairy Godmother. She is back after a two-year retirement/maternity leave, so I understand, and has never looked better.