This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

PACIFIC OVERTURES - ROUNDABOUT THEATRE COMPANY

Glebb, you really should go, especially if you haven't seen the show before.

it's terrific-- one of Sondheim's best efforts ( I think this and Night Music are his best musicals).....

a hilarious patter song a la G and S for four ambassadors, I believe it is, a beautiful trio for three sailors, and all sorts of amazing effects--

Thanks tempusfugit. :)

I saw a wonderful revival of PACIFIC OVERTURES at the Promenade Theatre (76th St.?) back in the early 80s. It was fantastic. Chicago Shakespeare also did a superb production about two years ago.

I would say my favorite Sondheims are:

A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC

FOLLIES

PACIFIC OVERTURES

SWEENEY TODD

COMPANY

SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE

INTO THE WOODS

November will be a very busy work time for me, but I really want to try to get a weekend trip together. ROUNDABOUT THEATRE COMPANY seems to be my cup of tea. Were they not also responsible for the production of FOLLIES that I adored on Broadway about two years ago?

Yes, and I wish I'd seen that! heard it was great, and in fact Follies is my other favorite Sondheim show. Roundabout was excellent the time I saw a production--

I also remember BD Wong from M. Butterfly, and John Lithgow.....

Did you ever see Postcards from the Edge? Shirley MacLaine does a wonderful I'm Still Here in that.

Love all of POSTCARDS FROM THE EDGE!

Carol Burnett does a good "I'm Still Here" on a benefit recording of FOLLIES also featuring a glorious Barbara Cook and extremely appealing Lee Remick.

I also saw Delores Grey as Carlotta in London many years ago.