This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Southern Lights

I have my tickets for Southern Lights in hand and am starting to get excited!

For those not in the know, Southern Lights is a triple bill being staged by the Australian ballet. It is comprised of 2 world premiers (Imaginary Masque, Unspoken Dialogues) and an australian premiere (El Tango). In a strange twist of fate these are all choreographed by Stephen Baynes.

But the most remarkable thing about this season is the return of everyone's favourite Justine Summers. She left a few years ago due to arthritis in her poor over worked feet. I read an interview recently that said she has been working carefully using pilates and really honing her technique and she feels she can dance again, better than before!

Any other Aussies planning to see this?

I checked AB's website, Southern Lights is touring, but only Adelaide Melbourne and Perth. :wink: Maybe it will come here another time. Hope Justine Summers feet hold up. I saw a video some years ago that she was in, as a student at ABS, and her feet looked like they may have been giving her trouble then.