This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

PNB School programPetipa's Jardin Animee reconstruction

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Alexandra

Alexandra

Board Founder

• Administrators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,263 posts

Posted 21 April 2004 - 11:43 AM

PNB School is presenting Doug Fullington's reconstruction of Petipa's Le jardin anime on June 19 (among other works on the program). Doug has been working with the Stepanov notation for many years now, and has found many differences between what we think is Petipa and what Petipa thought was Petipa :) This is a great chance to see and compare -- I hope hockeyfan, sandik and gang will go and report!!!!

#2 sandik

sandik

Rubies Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,661 posts

Posted 22 April 2004 - 02:02 PM

PNB School is presenting Doug Fullington's reconstruction of Petipa's Le jardin anime on June 19 (among other works on the program).  Doug has been working with the Stepanov notation for many years now, and has found many differences between what we think is Petipa and what Petipa thought was Petipa :wink:  This is a great chance to see and compare -- I hope hockeyfan, sandik and gang will go and report!!!!

I've seen snips of his reconstructions in the past, and they have a remarkably truthful feel to them -- I'm really looking forward to this!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):