This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

Julie Diana

Guest jeralynf

Guest jeralynf

First off, Moderators please fill free to delete this post if you consider it gossip.

I do not mean to stir up any unnecessary trouble if this is unfounded. But I figure someone on this board will know the truth.

I attended the Sunday afternoon performance and was told by several attendees that it was Julie Diana's last performance with SFB. That she and Zachary Hench will be joining Pennsylvania Ballet. Closer to home, it makes sense. Anyone in SF area see anything in the press? Any info would be appreciated.

This seems to have crossed the line from rumor over to "open secret." I don't think there's anything official yet, and we'll check with the company tomorrow, but I just emailed a colleague in San Francisco who had heard the same thing from many people. If it's true, lucky Pennsylvania Ballet!

Guest jeralynf

Thank you for the reply Alexandra. I will miss seeing her, she has just started developing her artistry, in my opinion and I would have liked to watch her come into it. Those of you in Pennslvania, enjoy!

We confirmed this with a company spokesperson today. The company's general practice is to announce retirements and other personnel changes at the end of the season, but it did confirm that Julia Diana and Zachary Hench are leaving to join the Pennsylvania Ballet.

Edited by Alexandra

I would like to know what reasons there would be not to officially announce Julie's departure from SFB or annnounce her coming to PAB. I guess I am just plain curious. PAB has posted the arrival of Zach Hench on the PABallet web site. No mention of Julie Diana. I am supposing that the announcement of Zachery Hench had to do with his performing with PaBallet in their new "Swan Lake" this June and thus necessary to reveal his status. It could be that PaBallet will wait until all contracts are formally settled before making any new company roster announcements? :shrug: It also would be disappointing if Julie did not get a proper 'send off' from SFB.........IMO :)

I think you're right -- companies usually wait until contracts are settled. As I wrote above, SFB said it usually preferred to make all anouncements at the same time.

Re a send-off, if Ms. Diana is not cast in "Sylvia," is it possible for her to be given a proper send-off? (I realize it could have been done earlier -- I have no idea of what the timing of any of this was.)