This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

There was a video in four parts called "Les enfants de la danse", filmed at the POB school around 1988. But I seem to remember another documentary filmed at the POB school a few years earlier, but am not sure. I'm going to post a link to your question in the POB section of this board, so perhaps some people more knowledgeable than myself (cygneblanc, Françoise, Juliette?) will be able to help.

I know it exist several documentaries about POb School. You have in these last years "Les enfants de la danse" - 1988, but it also a documentary in 1979 where you see Eric Vu An as Hen in "Les animaux modèles", Carole Arbo and Laurent Hilaire in "Graduation ball".

I have also a performance of POB School televised in Japan where you had "Two Pigeons" with Sylvie Guillem as Gourouli, Concerto en Ré too. It's from 1981. But the documentaries they have in Japan are not even the same than in Paris or even passed on French chanel.

I raised this question at a Japanese ballet-fan-site where long-time POB watchers gather.

>>I have also a performance of POB School televised in Japan where you had "Two Pigeons" with Sylvie Guillem as Gourouli, Concerto en Ré too. It's from 1981.

Someone has confirmed Françoise's comments as above, but unfortunately this film has not been published as a commercial video/dvd (at least at present). According to the website of FAIRY, one of Japanese ballet-goods retailers, currently only available video/dvd on the subject matter seems to be "Les enfants de la danse", the film Estelle already mentioned. FYI I attach a link to the retailer's website (although It's Japanese only).

http://www.fairynet.co.jp/www/on-shop/html/av/DD-151285.html

I have a friend passing through Tokyo next week, so I am going to make an effort to get the dvd mentioned by Naoko.

I have a query in to the shop in Tokyo but no answer yet.

Does anyone know if the dvd they have (at Naoko's link above) is a longer or more complete version of the 4-part "Les enfants de la danse" than is shown on the POB Coppelia DVD, which I already have?