This Site Uses Cookies. If You Want to Disable Cookies, Please See Your Browser Documentation. ×

What are you dreading?

Ballets that are created in a misquided attempt to bring in a segment of the population that normally wouldn't touch ballet with a ten foot pole. Example: Roanoke Ballet's new Nascar ballet. What's next? A Monster Truck Rally Ballet? A ballet to the music of Toby Keith? :shrug:

Thanks for giving me something NEW to worry about, charlieloki and perky.

Though the NASCAR ballet does challenge the imagination -- Juliet, could you costume this one for us? I have a vision of the corps de ballet dressed in car tutus, kinda like you did in kindergarten, with little honky-horns fastened to the skirts, perhaps. The middle movement would be, of course, the demolition derby, and there'd have to be a pit stop section......

Really dreading?

Some vile "REALITY BALLET SHOW" combining "The Apprentice" with "American Idol".

Such as...

COMING This season...from FOX NETWORK:

The new reality show that out-trumps all the rest:

"AND YOUR POINTE IS...?"

Bourees aren't boring when these apprentices vie to become the top dawg Primo Balletarina Absoluto in the internationally reknowned company LES BALLETS TRUMPADEROES.

Will Jessica nuke Natalie's Nikiya? Will Tiffany really "selle" her Giselle?

Is Raoul's Rothbart headed for K-Mart? Who put the tiger balm in Jeffrey's dance belt?

Simon moans: "That Swan isn't dying...it's already dead!"

Clement Crisp groans: "Pour me a sherry...that was more like Swine-hilda!"

Jennifer Houmans declares: "Just awful...but it's all Peter Martins' fault."

Clive Barnes exclaims: "Wow, Jeffrey can really jump!"

TUESDAYS AT 8:00 FOLLOWING "EXTREME CELEBRITY PET LITTERBOX MAKEOVERS"

Sad thing is...I'd probably watch it....

Watermill

Well, there's already a competition called "American Dance Idol."

I am truly surprised that no one has done a lesbian Giselle yet, especially after we all practically choreographed it for the AD's a year or so ago on here. But in all seriousness, sometimes after reading company brochures, it makes me wonder if living out here isn't really such a bad thing after all :green:

Of course, after seeing Kevin McKenzie's Nutcracker, I doubt I'll ever truly dread anything again. :cool2: