This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

Swan Lake - which is your favourite?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 silvy

silvy

Bronze Circle

• PipPipPipPip
  • 485 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 07:45 AM

Which is your favourite video (or DVD) version of "Swan Lake"? I thought it would be interesting to me to exchange opinions with you.

As for myselv, my favourite version is the Kirov's with Yulia Makhalina and Igor Zelensky

#2 Cygnet

Cygnet

Silver Circle

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 734 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 08:05 AM

I have that one :(. I think Lezhnina is excellent in the pas de trois. Makhalina
and Zelensky were both very young and green in that tape. My favorite tape is with Konstantin Zaklinsky & Olga Tchyentchikova, filmed during the Wolf Trap Farm leg of the Kirov's 1986 North American tour. I saw her live with Yevgeny Neff a few weeks earlier, when they were at the Shrine in Los Angeles. I taped it from the PBS Great Performances telecast. Zhanna Aypova was in the corps de ballet. She was in the pas de trois, and was as one of the little swans :D. That corps was superior to the corps in the Makhalina/Zelensky tape, and the one dancing now - if you can imagine that!

Edited by Cygnet, 07 April 2004 - 08:53 AM.

#3 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,466 posts

Posted 07 April 2004 - 09:42 AM

Makarova/Dowell with the Royal Ballet, for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):