This site uses cookies. By using this site, you agree to accept cookies, unless you've opted out. (US government web page with instructions to opt out: http://www.usa.gov/optout-instructions.shtml)

2004-2005 Season

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:15 PM

In some of his pre-performance remarks for Program IV, Edward Villella revealed some of his ideas about next season: Three Balanchine ballets, "La Sonnambula," "La Valse," and "Ballet Imperial" (he didn't say anything about the differences between this and "Concerto No. 2," the revised version); three Robbins ballets, "Aftrnoon of a Faun," "Fancy Free," and "Other Dances"; Paul Taylor's "Piazzola Caldera"; and a new ballet by Trey McIntyre. And there is reason to expect the whole season will have an orchestra in the pit.

#2 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 24 March 2004 - 12:51 PM

I forgot to mention that a revival of MCB's "Coppelia," not the Balanchine one, is also on the agenda.

#3 Justdoit

Justdoit

• PipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 25 March 2004 - 02:41 PM

Jack, thank you for your continued posting about MCB. It is nice to be kept up to date on what people are seeing from this company. Also, what is forthcoming from them as well. :helpsmilie:

#4 dirac

dirac

Diamonds Circle

• Board Moderator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,953 posts

Posted 26 March 2004 - 11:08 AM

I second that. I always enjoy reading your reports. Others from the area, please do chime in!

#5 Jack Reed

Jack Reed

Platinum Circle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 28 March 2004 - 07:01 PM

Thank you both. (With that kind of encouragement, I may yet write about Program II.) And, speaking of others, do check out nysusan's account of Program III ("Giselle") if you haven't already. I got a lot out of it myself.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Help support Ballet Alert! and Ballet Talk for Dancers year round by using this search box for your amazon.com purchases (adblockers may block display):